3/15/10

BOOM! Goes the Disappointment

I've submitted my work and now I gingerly await rejection from the editors @ Write Bloody Press.

I fear my verse is too awkward for their taste. It ain't "slam friendly" and most of it doesn't even flow well. Were I to orate it, the performance would be equally awkward. Uh...I think what I need is some Warhol acceptance. I need that goon, Andy, to peel off a fraction of his ADD for me. I want to be numbered in the hundreds of insignificant Factory experiments, present but easily forgotten, like Maureen Tucker's steady back beat.

I've only seen Mike Mcgee perform once and I've lived in San Jose for 11 years now. He's a massive presence. I really respect his intellect an' all, but slam poetry wears me out most of the time. Too many unnecessary words can be spoken in 3 minutes...I have a hard enough time reigning myself in on the page. Were I given 3 minutes to spew forth, I'd either repeat myself at least 3 times or I'd inject various topics into the piece sans coda. I'm not a play write, man. I'm not offered half of the door receipts.

All I really want to accomplish is impressing my adorable 9 month-old,
Kennedy Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment